- 12 years experience teaching French levels 1-5 in public high schools and two years teaching French at the college level.
- Experience supporting ESL students within the U.S. public school system and teaching English as a foreign language in England, France and Germany.
- Familiarity with the Advanced Placement Program and the International Baccalaureate Programme. Training in co-operative learning, differentiated instruction, brain-based learning models, six traits writing and positive discipline.
- Dedicated to improving student motivation and engagement by providing opportunities for creative, hands-on learning. Committed to the use of technology to enhance students’ learning and to connect them to native speaker communities around the world.
Professional License, State of Colorado (expires 2014)
Endorsements in French K-12 and Linguistically Diverse Education K-12
French Teacher, Littleton High School, Littleton, CO
August 2010 – present
- Taught French levels 1-4 in a large, culturally diverse, suburban high school
- Prepared students for International Baccalaureate Examination
- Participated in Professional Learning Communities and helped develop common assessments for French 1 and 2 courses
- Served on Student Recognition Committee and as PTO liaison
French Teacher, Olathe East High School, Olathe, KS
August 2005 – May 2008
- Taught French levels 1-5 in large suburban high school
- Responsible for 2-3 sections of “College Now” French each year – a program that allows advanced students to earn college credit for high school classes through concurrent enrollment at Johnson County Community College
- Prepared students for the National French Exam annually
- Assisted in the development of district proficiency tests for French levels 3 and 4
- Served as staff sponsor for the French National Honors Society
French Teacher, Minnetonka High School, Minnetonka, MN
August 1999 – June 2005
- Taught French levels 1-5 (equivalent) in a large suburban high school
- Prepared students for the National French Exam and the Minnesota State French speaking competition annually
- Prepared a small number of students each year for the French AP language test
- Assisted in the preparation of the school’s 2005 application for the International Baccalaureate Organization and wrote curriculum for new IB French classes
- Served as a teacher representative on the district’s accountability task force ’03-’05 and assisted in district level departmental review as member of the World Language Department Steering Committee ’04-’05
Master’s Degree, Education, 2003, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Master’s Degree, French, 1997, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
Bachelor’s Degree, French and German, 1996, University of Oxford, Oxford